MERWYN, DESIGNED BY: SEBASTIAN HERKNER
With Merwyn, Sebastian Herkner completed Wittmann´s task in perfection: Objective was to combine high seating comfort with an optical lightness, as well as to invoke Wittmann´s unique craftsmanship.
When a chair has to have a special, inviting character, Merwyn´s unique curved design fits the bill like no other. In time-honoured Wittmann tradition, this chair is perfectly proportioned, so that – with a pocket-sprung cushion – maximum comfort is achieved, while its smooth lines are attractive from every angle. The optional armrests lend the chair even more independence. The armrests and back are leather-covered, surrounding the seat in one elegant curve. Significant feature is the masterfully worked single line of piping, running around the seat.
Merwyn is a truly outstanding chair – working well as a stand-alone piece or next to a bureau or dressing table, and really coming into its own when several are used together in a mixed group with covering and piping in varying materials and colours. Bearing the unmistakable stamp of Sebastian Herkner, Merwyn adds a touch of levity to any interior design.
- Available in fabric or leather without armrest element
- With armrest element: the element runs around the back rest and is always covered in leather (all Wittmann leather categories).
- Feet wood black lacquered. On request solid oak natural, tubular steel black grey powdercoated or brass satin mat
The piping is a distinguishing feature, visually linking the chair and table. The broad table legs are covered with leather, with meticulously executed piping running vertically down each of the four outward-facing corners.
- 240 and 280 cm width, 105cm depth
- Oval in 220 cm width and 95 cm depth
- Table top solid oak brushed natural mat or solid walnut mat
- Frame steel core, coated in wood, covered in leather with piping